[PyQt] PyQt shadowing virtual slots?

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:25:06 BST 2008

I encountered a strange problem when wrapping a custom QDialog
subclass. This subclass implements accept and connects it to
QDialogButtonBox::accepted, but this would not get invoked and I could
not for the life of me understand why. Eventually I discovered that
the reason was that I did not declare accept among the class' methods
in the SIP wrapper. Why is it that C++ reimplementations of slots are
hidden if they are not also wrapped in the SIP equivalent?? See
attached demo (test.py is the main script).

Arve