[PyQt] newbie questions...

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Tue Aug 12 20:51:41 BST 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 16:35:32 Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> - how come PyQt4 isn't on PyPI? (Nowadays I'm used to just specifying
> >> packages as egg requirements in a buildout.cfg
> >> (http://buildout.zope.org/) but I guess I can't do that with PyQt4?)
> >
> > Because so far there's little interest in that I think, plus PyQt4
> > doesn't use distutils/setuptools and hence one would need to change the
> > buildsystem first probably.
>
> Hmm, I meant to ask this in my reply to Phil, but I guess it makes sense
> here...
>
> So, given all this:
>
> - how do I install PyQt4 and any dependencies it has as someone who
> wants to develop some guis for apps I have?

What operating system?

On windows, use the installer.

On Linux, use the packaging system your distro gives you.

> - How do I package an app up that uses PyQt4 as a double-click-installer
> for non-technical users?

Oh, windows, then ;-)

No idea here (but would like to know!)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'     The 6,855th most popular site of Slovenia
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'       according to alexa.com (27/5/2007)

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan