[PyQt] Using PyQt within an application

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Fri Aug 15 13:20:43 BST 2008

On Thu Aug 14 23:14:22 BST 2008, andYpsilon wrote:

> A)Yes I am using a QDialog, but not standard OK/Cancel Buttonset. But I
> also tried this out. I tried the accepted/recected slots and the methods
> quit() and close(). In every case it closes down the whole application
> instead of only the dialog window. Theres also no error message, it
> regularly closes the whole programm. That really sucks.

Just to clarify, does the application itself use PyQt? Are you running a
separate application to open the dialog in a subprocess?

In the former case, setting this property to false might help you deal with
the problem:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4-snapshot/qapplication.html#quitOnLastWindowClosed-prop

David