[PyQt] newbie questions...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 23:44:29 BST 2008

Phil Thompson wrote:
>>> PyPI is a PIA to use when you are not using eggs.
>> Okay, let me rephrase: how come PyQt4 isn't available as an egg?
>> (for the record, I hate eggs, but the python community has adopted them,
>> so I'm just attempting to put up and shut up. zc.buildout does offer
>> some analgesic for the agony)
>
> It's never seemed important. I'm also not sure that distutils is up to the
> job of building PyQt.

Oh? How so?

This does bring me back to my question about how you build/distribute
applications that use Qt/PyQt4/etc in a way that a windows or mac user
might expect?

>> PS: You going to be at PyConUK?
>
> Yes.

Cool, I do hope I can bend your ear about all this. I'm gonna see if I
can make the tutorials too :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk