[PyQt] Compiling PyQt on Mac OS X

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Aug 20 21:45:35 BST 2008

Daniel Miller wrote:

> I think I have that option in there because I had problems packaging the
> framework builds with py2app. I should try it again, if only to find out
> why I needed the -no-framework option. Do you know if py2app will handle
> a framework build of Qt?

Yes, it should. You may need to update to the latest py2app from
svn--the current release version is rather old, and doesn't support PyQt
4.x. (I contributed a patch/reciple for PyQt/sip cobbled together from
code I found on this list that fixes the problem.)

> I didn't have a problem building Qt or SIP, the only problem I had was
> with PyQt. The errors I had were rather strange--looked like something
> was wrong with SIP. Unfortunately I was not able to find any older
> versions of SIP to try them out (i.e. versions 4.5 or 4.6). Have you
> successfully (on Mac OS) built PyQt 4.4.3 ?
Yes, that's what I'm using now.

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin