[PyQt] Cross-thread signal connections

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Fri Aug 22 20:38:08 BST 2008

On Friday 22 August 2008 2:59:47 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I think you just need to make sure you're passing
> QtCore.Qt.QueuedConnection as fith parameter to the connect(). That
> will make sure the emitting of the signal goes through the event loop
> and as you seem to be emitting signals only in the threads this
> should be enough. If you also have slots in your classes that run in
> a different thread you'll need to start the event loop in the thread.

Thanks for the response, Andreas.  I've done as you said and provided
Qt.QueuedConnection as the final parameter to my connect() calls and it
doesn't seem to work, but there may be some other problem because now
I'm seeing a segfault that I wasn't seeing before. :)

Does it matter when the signal connections are made, i.e. does it matter
if they are made before or after the background threads are created?

--
Jason Voegele
There's no use in having a dog and doing your own barking.