[PyQt] py qt for maya

Laurent Hamery laurent-h at moving-picture.com
Fri Aug 29 16:17:23 BST 2008

Hi David,

Im working actually with PyQt into maya 2k8 64 bit so I can tell there
are way to make it work. I dont want break any confidentiality clauses
so I cant really descibe how we do it but Im wondering what happen with
the Qt event loop if you do the way they describe ? I would think it`s
gonna freeze your maya while the PyQt event loop is running.. but Im not
really sure..
For me you will have to run your widgets in separated thread each time
or you will have to plug the Qt loop into the maya loop in a custom way.

If you find more answer about all that I would be really interested too
!! you can write me directly for more discussion about qt/maya:
Laurent at moving-picture.com.
Thanks

Laurent