[PyQt] Problems connecting to a KIO-Slave

Magnus Kulke magnus.kulke at radicalapproach.de
Thu Dec 11 17:54:25 GMT 2008

Hello,

i am currently playing around with pyKDE and stumbled at the very
beginning. I can't seem to connect my slots to signals emited by a
KIO-slave. The KIO-job is executed, but the slotResult method is never
called. I tried connecting a click-signal from a pushbutton to my slot
and this has worked well. i am quite puzzled here, maybe some can give
me a hint what might be wrong.

thanks in advance,

magnus

i am using:

python-qt4 4.4.3-1ubuntu1
python-kde4 4:4.1.3-0ubuntu1~intrepid1

the code:

import sys
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
from PyQt4.QtGui import *
from PyKDE4.kdecore import ki18n, KAboutData, KCmdLineArgs, KUrl
from PyKDE4.kdeui import KApplication, KMainWindow
from PyKDE4.kio import *

from ui_kasablancamainwindow import Ui_KasablancaMainWindow

class KasablancaMainWindow (KMainWindow, Ui_KasablancaMainWindow):

	listjob = None

	def __init__ (self):
		KMainWindow.__init__ (self)
		self.setupUi(self)
		copyjob = KIO.copy (KUrl("/home/mkulke/xarchiver.png"),
KUrl("/home/mkulke/xarchiver.png.2"))
		self.connect (copyjob, SIGNAL ("result (KIO::Job *)"), self.slotResult)
	def slotResult(self, job):
		print "result"

if __name__ == '__main__':

	appName     = "kasablanca"
	catalog     = ""
	programName = ki18n ("kasablanca")
	version     = "0.5"
	description = ki18n ("kasablanca ftp client")
	license     = KAboutData.License_GPL
	copyright   = ki18n ("(c) 2008 Magnus Kulke")
	text        = ki18n ("none")
	homePage    = "kasablanca.berlios.de"
	bugEmail    = "mkulke at bla.com"

	aboutData   = KAboutData (appName, catalog, programName, version,
description, license, copyright, text, homePage, bugEmail)

	KCmdLineArgs.init (sys.argv, aboutData)

	app = KApplication ()
	mainWindow = KasablancaMainWindow ()
	mainWindow.show()