[PyQt] ItemSelectionModel like in Kontact

Lukas LuHe at gmx.at
Wed Dec 24 15:40:32 GMT 2008

Hello,

i want to create a QMainWindow whick looks similar to KDEs Kontact (I uploaded
a screenshot here: http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9964/kontacter1.png )

There should be an ItemSelectionModel an the left border and it should be
completely done with Qt Designer.

I attacked my first attempt, which has the following disadvantages:
 - The background color is white.
    If I use a stylesheet I can only change the color to grey, but I want to
use something like QMainWindow.backgroundRole()

 - I'm not able to set a preferred minimal size.
   I hardcoded the gridSize to 48x70, iconSize to 48x48 and
   maximumSize to 52 x anything
   So if there is any item with an longer text, the text will be simply cut
off, but the size should be adjusted correctly.

Is there any way to work around these disadvantages?

Thanks for your help,
Lukas

p.s.: Merry Christmas!