[PyQt] PyKDE4 question

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Feb 3 17:52:40 GMT 2008

On Sunday 03 February 2008 08:25, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to include KDE4 support into eric4 (4.2.x development) similiar to
> the way it was for eric3/PyKDE3. The docs for PyKDE4 give details about how
> to setup a KPrinter instance. However, I could not find it. Can anybody
> give an example on it's usage.

>From the KDE docs for KDE 4.0.0::

libkdeprint has been replaced by enhanced printing support in Qt 4. Qt 4.3 is
still lacking in a print preview feature and a customisable print dialog.
KPrintPreview (kutils) provides the former, and KdePrint::createPrintDialog()
(kdeui) provides the latter, at least for Qt 4.3.2 onwards.

---

I'm not sure if Simon has included these in the kdebindings version. I'm still
working on my release (upgrading tools and documentation generation), but the
dialog and preview will eventually be included in that. But there no longer
is a kdeprint module.

Jim