[PyQt] A couple of question about PyKDE4

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Tue Feb 5 19:49:10 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Debian's KDE team has started to package KDE 4.0 quite some time ago,
and they have asked me if I had plans to package PyKDE 4.0.

Before I start out with PyKDE4, I have a couple of questions:
- what is the preferred build system? cmake or configure.py? Will any of
these build system vanish in the future?

- are there going to be separate releases of PyKDE4, or will everything
be coordinated with the KDE releases?

- is there any high-level documentation about krosspython? Forgive my
ignorance, but I've never come across it. (I'd *guess* that it's for
embedding PyKDE4 scripts as components in KDE programs)

thanks for your help,

Torsten
--
Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858