[PyQt] PyKDE4 on Windows

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Feb 7 17:31:09 GMT 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 06:12, Saro Engels wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As some of you might already know KDE applications are ported to MS
> Windows. Since I am currently trying to port the module scripts,
> I came by the kdebindings module as well.
> I added some scripts for sip and PyQt4 which seem to work on the first
> glance (they are supposed to work with the Qt version we distribute).
> Then I tried to get PyKDE4 working and the build process already crashed
> while cmake'ing. I fixed some issues (some are still local here) but
> then I decided to ask here first.
>
> So are there any efforts in making PyKDE4 working on Windows (and/or Mac)?
> Where is development for PyKDE4 going on and how can we contribute (that
> means: is committing to KDE subversion the right way)?
>
> I was very impressed by PyQt and I hope PyKDE can get into a similar
> state in the near future.

If someone wants to tackle PyKDE4 for Windows, feel free to have at it. The
only other environment I have access to is Win98, and I don't think there's a
lot of demand for that port (or interest on my part to code for Windows). No
Macs here either.

It should be possible to configure PyKDE4 for either of those platforms and
incorporate the conditionals into either the KDE SVN version or my tarballs
(if I ever get one put together).

Jim