[PyQt] Problem using QTreeWidget.setModel on Windows XP.

Joon-Cheol Park jooncheol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:58:32 GMT 2008

 Hello,

I am using PyQt on Windows XP and Ubuntu.
My environment is python 2.5 and Qt4.3.3 OpenSource Edition and PyQt GPL
4.3.3.

I found an unexpected behaviour in Window XP.
This code is Okay in Ubuntu.

 code:
class PluginSettingDialog(QtGui.QDialog):
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QtGui.QDialog.__init__(self, parent)
        self.ui = Ui_PluginSettingDialog()
        self.ui.setupUi(self)
        self.ui.treeWidget.setEditTriggers(
                        QtGui.QAbstractItemView.NoEditTriggers)
        self.ui.treeWidget.setRootIsDecorated(False)
        self.ui.treeWidget.setAlternatingRowColors(True)
        self.ui.treeWidget.setModel(self.createModel())

$ /cygdrive/c/Python25/python pluginsetting.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pluginsetting.py", line 86, in <module>
    dialog = PluginSettingDialog()
  File "pluginsetting.py", line 24, in __init__
    self.ui.treeWidget.setModel(self.createModel())
AttributeError: QTreeWidget.setModel is a private method

Regards