[PyQt] problem with designer plugin on windows

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Wed Feb 13 23:03:26 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 13:06:05 Danny Chan wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a problem with the designer plugin on windows. I have installed both
> Qt and PyQt from source. The designerplugin.dll ends up in the correct
> location in the designer plugins directory inside my Qt directory. However,
> if I start the designer demo from the PyQt examples, I never get any
> entries in the widgets list. When I choose the "About Plugins" menu entry
> in the designer, I see the entry pythonplugin.dll, but the list with
> widgets it is importing is empty. I tried also the following:

I see the same on FreeBSD. Installed:

%ll /usr/local/lib/qt4/plugins/designer/
total 1460
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  812099 Sep 17 20:21 libarthurplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   50614 Sep 17 20:21 libcontainerextension.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   31865 Sep 17 20:21 libcustomwidgetplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   35462 Dec  7 02:33 libpythonplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   21508 Sep 29 16:23 libqscintillaplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  262575 Sep 29 14:17 libqt3supportwidgets.so
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  127316 Sep 15 22:41 libqwt_designer_plugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   53333 Sep 17 20:21 libtaskmenuextension.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   34130 Sep 17 20:21 libworldtimeclockplugin.so
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     512 Dec  7 02:33 python

Even when copying the relevant parts from the examples to python/

Haven't been able to solve this yet, but I'm inclined to think there's a
non-apparent linuxism creeping in somewhere (libtool?).