[PyQt] Qt4 Tutorial Porting

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 08:00:20 GMT 2008

On 13.02.08 19:05:56, Chris White wrote:
>   I was looking around for getting started guides on PyQt4 (I'm using
> MinGW/Python 2.5/Qt4/PyQt4 and the whole nine yards on a Vista Machine), and
> I noticed that they're somewhat scattered about.  What I ended up doing was
> taking from the C++ Qt4 tutorials, then translating them to their PyQt4
> equivalents.

Hmm, PyQt4 does come with its own documentation, though I think it
sometimes assumes you know Qt already a bit.

>   That got me to wondering, is there already some kind of project going to
> port the C++ Qt4 tutorials to PyQT?

Most of them are ported already, at least those that came along Qt4.2
(or 4.1...). See the examples folder inside the PyQt4 sources.

If you want to port any of the new ones that aren't in PyQt4 already I
suggest to send them here as patches so Phil can include them in a
future release.

Andreas

--
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.