[PyQt] X Windows Screen goes Blank when new Window opens

fossks at cox.net fossks at cox.net
Thu Feb 21 22:25:15 GMT 2008

Aaron/All,

  The following is a typical class call I use for a new Widget with a pixmap.  Can you see anything here that would cause the screen blanking out?

Kevin

_______________________________________

class dvdWidget (QWidget, Ui_dvdWidget):
   def __init__(self, parent = None):
      QWidget.__init__(self, parent)
      self.setupUi(self)
      self.dvdStyle = dvdStyle(self)
      self.dvdBgPixmap = QtGui.QPixmap("images/dvdBG_800x480.png")
      self.setMask(self.dvdBgPixmap.mask())
      self.dvdBg.setPixmap(self.dvdBgPixmap)
      screen = QtGui.QDesktopWidget().screenGeometry()
      size =  self.geometry()
      self.move((screen.width()-size.width())/2, (screen.height()-size.height())/2)
       self.setWindowFlags(QtCore.Qt.FramelessWindowHint | QtCore.Qt.Dialog)
      self.connect(self.exitButton, SIGNAL("clicked()"), self.closeApp)