[PyQt] Do I need threads?

Ziegler Stefan Stefan.Ziegler at bd.so.ch
Tue Jan 1 18:14:46 GMT 2008

Hi
First of all Happy New Year! I proceed with my python plugins for Qqis.
My current problem: I open a dialog in the main application (Qgis) then
after pushing a button I start a routine that imports data into a
database. It also opens another small dialog that should be something
like a progress dialog where the import routine writes something into a
the dialog. But the text is written in the dialog after everything is
imported. The write commands however are not sent at the end:
 1. write title in the dialog
 2. unzip the files
 3. write "unzip is done" in the dialog
 4. do another task... etc. etc.

Can this only be done with threads or is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.
Stefan

Mit freundlichem Gruss
Stefan Ziegler