[PyQt] signal-slot connect problem

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Jan 9 10:24:10 GMT 2008

Quoting Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk>:

>> I mean it is a very common mistake, even for advanced PyQt developers,
> Is it?

In my projects, I'm predefining all signals and slots as python
constants and use those in connect() and emit(). a) makes the code
more reliable and b) enables code completion.

An easy fix would be to have an extra module which defines all PyQt
signals and slots from which one could import. The more comfortable
fix is to have them in the individual PyQt classes, of course. I'd
favor the second solution because it's non-intrusive (you can use it
or now) and constants should be close to where they're used. Also the
imports would be more simple and the whole thing would feel more clean
(and it would cause a lot of trouble to move it back from solution #1
when enough people ask for it).

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/