[PyQt] [PyKDE4] Text of menus not showing up

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Jan 9 21:00:33 GMT 2008

Hi,

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I'm starting to port my application (audio player) to PyKDE4. The
> bindings compiled fine, but after the first steps I encountered that the
> text in the menu bar and the menus themselves was not being displayed.
>
> If you could try to reproduce, that'd be nice. I attach two minimal
> programs, one in C++ and another in Python. I can see the "File" menu in
> the C++ one, but in the Python one the menu is there, but the text is
> missing. Does it happen to you too?

I haven't tried the C++ version (kudo on that, good bug report). The
Python version doesn't display the text in the menubar with the Oxygen
style. Room is made in the menubar for the text though. (Try
File_______) I changed the style to plastique and the menubar *was*
displayed as expected.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/