[PyQt] Is the result of SIGNAL() a constant?

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Jan 9 21:39:38 GMT 2008

Giovanni Bajo schrieb:

>> I don't have a real example, but that's not the point. The point is
>> that they are different as far as Qt is concerned and so both need to
>> be able to be represented in the same class (even though the
>> programmer that designed the class needs to be shot).
>
> But given that such users can still obtain the same features
> (auto-completion, etc.) through usage of constants:
>
> class Foo(QObject):
>     SIG_FOO_1 = SIGNAL("foo(QString*)")
>     SIG_FOO_2 = SIGNAL("foo(const QString &)")
>
> What is exactly the advantage of supporting this feature out-of-the-box
> in PyQt?

When you want to use this signal, you can refer to SIG_FOO instead of
repeating the same string over and over just to find out much later that
you have a typo in it and the signal isn't really connected.

It's the old "replace string literal by constant" enhancement.

Regards,

http://darkviews.blogspot.com/          http://www.pdark.de/