[PyQt] treeView doing my head in

Rupert Thorpe rupertathorpe at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:58:54 GMT 2008

I think i must have some fundamental miss-understanding.

i have a treeview full of stuff, any i want users to be able to select nodes and do stuff with them.

ok, originally i was going to make the items checkable since that how i have done this befor with QT3 and it was really easy. I have been given some good hints as to how i could implement this in QT4 but decided there is no real need for the checkboxes, users can simply select the items then press a button. but-- I cant find a method to see if a QstandardItem is sellected or not!
there is a method for seeing if it is selectable:

   bool isSelectable () const

but i cant find a:

   bool isSelected () const

???????