[PyQt] no mouseMoveEvent in QTextBrowser?

martin.hammer at de.thalesgroup.com martin.hammer at de.thalesgroup.com
Fri Jan 18 13:12:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get a mouseMoveEvent from a QTextBrowser in a centralwidget
of a QMainWindow. I can get mouseMoveEvents of the centralwidget but I
don#t seem to be able to get them from the textBrowser. I tried none, one
and both of commented line but nothing helped...

Can anyone give me hint?

class MainWindowForm(QtGui.QMainWindow):
  def __init__(self, parent=None):
    QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self)

    self.ui = Ui_MainWindow()
    self.ui.setupUi(self)
    #self.connect( self.ui.textBrowser,
QtCore.SIGNAL("mouseMoveEvent(QMouseEvent *)"),
self.on_textBrowser_mouseMoveEvent)

  #@QtCore.pyqtSignature("QMouseEvent *")
  def on_textBrowser_mouseMoveEvent(self, e):
    print "textBrowser mouse move"

  def mouseMoveEvent(self, ev):
    print "centralwidget mouse move"
---