[PyQt] 10.7: super and PyQt classes

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Fri Jan 18 19:45:43 GMT 2008

Aaron Digulla schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Please clarify the docs
> (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Docs/PyQt4/pyqt4ref.html#super-and-pyqt-classes):
>

> Does that mean super() can't / shouldn't / mustn't be used when deriving
> from PyQt classes? What is the fix?
>
> Maybe give an example what won't work and how to fix it or provide a
> link to additional information in the SIP docs or something.

Anyone? I'm using super() and all the examples in the book "Rapid GUI
Programming with Python and Qt" uses super() when they derive from PyQt
classes, so I'm confused why the reference docs say one shouldn't use
it. Mark, maybe you can shed some light onto this?

Regards,

http://darkviews.blogspot.com/          http://www.pdark.de/