[PyQt] Proposal for New-style Signals

nytmyn nytmyn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:12:03 GMT 2008

The stage 2 simplified qt signals looks just great :)
What about signals declared in Python? I'd really like to have
the possibility to declare and use them as the qt ones.

All QObjects derrived classes are passed as pointers and
the values based classes are (really) often passed as const references
so signatures of python declared signals and slots could be formed from
python types and use
c++ string based declarations only for more complicated cases.
I admit I really love C++ but I hate seeing it in Python :)

class Example(QObject):
  signalFoo = Signal(int)

  @pyqtSignature("newSlotName", int, QImage)
  def slotBar(self, number, image):