[PyQt] Problem using promoted widgets with PyQt 4.4.2

Jan Ekholm jan.ekholm at smultron.net
Thu Jul 31 07:53:24 BST 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 14:25:37 Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 13:47:55 Jan Ekholm wrote:
> <snip>
>

> I cut the window down to a minimal example that for me does not work. The
> files are all attached and the code is also inline below. I assume I do
> something silly, but for the love of Darwin I can't figure it out.

Ok, I did some checking and the module is actually loaded in:

    /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/Loader/qobjectcreator.py

Simply printing the module and class it tries to load reveals for my normal
working classes a pairs like this:

    image_browser ImageBrowser
    image_label ImageLabel
    image_info ImageInfo
    tags Tags

But for my ill fated KeywordTree I see:

    PyKDE4.kdeui KeywordTree

So somehow something assumes that my class should be in the PyKDE4.kdeui
module instead of ./keyword_tree.py as it should be. I don't use any PyKDE4
classes at all, this is a pure PyQt application and always has been.

Does this somehow ring a bell to someone? I haven't yet tracked down why that
class should be in PyKDE4.kdeui.

Kind regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--
           "Right, you bastards, you're... you're geography"
                                         -- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!