[PyQt] Possible bug in handling '-visual TrueColor' option

Neal Holtz nholtz at cee.carleton.ca
Wed Jun 11 01:57:54 BST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 5:04:56 pm Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 June 2008 9:52:18 pm Neal Holtz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > IN the following program, if I run it with a '-visual TrueColor' option,
> > I get the following behaviour:
>
> What makes you think it's a PyQt problem?

Nothing in particular.  I thought it reasonable to start with the
highest-level, least-used code on the theory that bugs are more
likely there, and that maintainers, if they were interested, could
report it to lower levels as appropriate.

It turns out that this made me realize I could easily modify
the original c++ argb code to be equivalent, and it turns out
that I do get exactly the same behviour with the c++ version.
So therefore it is NOT a PyQt problem.

--
Neal Holtz                            http://cee.carleton.ca/~nholtz
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering     Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6.              nholtz at cee.carleton.ca
Key: http://cee.carleton.ca/~nholtz/pubkey.asc