[PyQt] KAboutData() broken when using PyQt 4.4

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sat Jun 14 19:52:17 BST 2008

* Jim Bublitz [Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:37:07 -0700]:

Hello,

> On Friday 13 June 2008 08:19, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > * Jim Bublitz [Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:50:31 -0700]:
> > > PyKDE3 or PyKDE4?

> > Er, PyKDE4 (since I said I was using PyQt 4.4...)

> But you're trying to use KDE3 syntax.

> There is no KAboutData ctor that takes only a char string (or QString). Look
> at the PyKDE4 docs or:

> http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdecore/html/classKAboutData.html

> There are examples in PyKDE4 that demonstrate KAboutData (in fact every
> example uses KAboutData)

I know what the signature of KABoutData looks like in PyKDE4. My point
was that passing a string for the first argument raises "invalid type".
You get the same error if you specify all the arguments, or only one, so
I saved myself from typing them all.

(I can see how my example could confuse you, though, so in the future
I'll try not to do that again.)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

             Listening to: El Hombre Burbuja - Bang, me apuntaste y bang