[PyQt] widget show/hide bug

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 19:19:26 BST 2008

On 16.06.08 19:45:20, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> your code is missing a line (s. below).
>
> On Montag, 16. Juni 2008, Vsevolod Fedorov wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have stumbled on problem that can be demonstrated by the following
> > snippet:
> > ----
> > from PyQt4 import QtGui
> > import sys
> >
> > app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
>
> app.connect(app, SIGNAL("lastWindowClosed()"), app, SLOT("quit()"))

How should that make a difference to his problem? Besides that I can't
reproduce this with C++ (currently no PyQt4 installation around) he
doesn't close any windows. The code merely shows, hides and shows again
before executing the event loop. A wild guess is that this might be
triggered due to compression of hide/show events inside qt's event loop.
Also there's a problem in at least Qt4.3.0-4.3.3 where events in the
event queue sometimes get re-ordered (known and fixed meanwhile), so
that might as well kick in here (though my C++ version worked with my
Qt4.3.4).

Andreas

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.