[PyQt] Re: Importing Phonon module

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 28 19:42:53 BST 2008

On 28.06.08 09:15:07, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
> I know that... but I've asked later if someone compiled successfully PyQt
> latest snapshot with phonon support in K/Ubuntu Hardy... cause if those
> packages are not the phonon of Qt4 needed... then i don't know... cause i
> don't think Qt4.4 was compiled without phonon support in Ubuntu... Maybe I
> should check this...

As far as I can see Debian (and thus probably also Ubuntu) only ship the
"standalone" Phonon package, i.e. Phonon 4.2. You can see that in the
package description, the source package is not "Qt" but "Phonon". So
basically you're doomed unless you also use Ubutu's PyQt4.4 packages. In
that case you can just go to the maintainers and tell them to fix this
(or disable the PyQT4.4 phonon support).

Yeap this is a big mess and its not just PyQt/PyKDE suffering from
it.

Andreas

--
Tonight's the night: Sleep in a eucalyptus tree.