[PyQt] QtDBus not wrapped, trouble using dbus-python (communication hangs)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Mar 13 23:41:30 GMT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 15:50, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Phil Thompson [Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:03:08 +0000]:
> > You need to create the QApplication before the main loop.
>
> Oh, changing that makes the example work, thank you.
> However, if I change QApplication to KApplication, I get this error:
>
> QMutex::lock: Deadlock detected in thread -1210529600
>
> And the application hangs. Any ideas?

Setting some of the fields in KAboutData also sets some info that DBus uses
(name, domain info?) - setting it incorrectly (like putting the .py extension
on the name) also causes problems. I'd also try changing QMainWindow to
KMainWindow or KXmlGuiWindow.

Other than that (actually including that), I have no clue. Haven't seen any
KDE docs on it either, although you could try kde.org.

Jim