no cookie :-( (Re: [PyQt] QtDBus not wrapped, trouble using dbus-python (communication hangs))

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Mon Mar 17 18:16:35 GMT 2008

* Adeodato Simó [Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:55:15 +0100]:

> * Jim Bublitz [Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:41:30 -0800]:

> > Setting some of the fields in KAboutData also sets some info that DBus uses
> > (name, domain info?) - setting it incorrectly (like putting the .py extension
> > on the name) also causes problems. I'd also try changing QMainWindow to
> > KMainWindow or KXmlGuiWindow.

> Right, using KMainwindow or KXmlGuiWindow in the provided example does
> not work.

> > Other than that (actually including that), I have no clue. Haven't seen any
> > KDE docs on it either, although you could try kde.org.

> Grumble grumble. I'll poke at it a bit more, but I'm mostly blind on
> this. :-(

Ok, after spending a long time messing with this and trying all the
combinations I could think of, I haven't arrived anywhere: either I get
the QMutex deadlock, or invoking the remote method hangs.

If somebody with the knowledge to debug this could assist, I would be
very very grateful.

Thanks,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.
                -- Ken Thompson