[PyQt] Updating the windows installer for Qt 4.4

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue May 13 11:59:48 BST 2008

On 5/13/2008 10:24 AM, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008 09:16:59 you wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> First we will install Qt/MinGW and then your installer ? And we have to do
>> this for every machine we want our code to run, correct ?
>
> Correct. Of course there is nothing to stop you creating your own single
> installer containing exactly what you need.
>
>> Ps: Just of curiosity: Why is that change ?
>
> It's too much trouble for me, particularly as building Qt is getting more
> complicated.

I understand but I think it's a really wrong commercial move.

The only reason for that package to exist was that it allowed people to
install a complete PyQt version to experiment with a single click.
Instead, you're now forcing people to go through two different
installers, one of which even poses questions which are absolutely
useless and uncomprehensable for Python programmers which are not C++
programmers.

I personally saw a *large* increase of interest in Python Windows
programmers since the consolidated installer was released. It would be a
shame to see a regression there.

I really hope you reconsider your choice.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.