[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.4 and SIP v4.7.5 Released

Erick Tryzelaar idadesub at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 13 19:04:09 BST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>  > >  This release fully supports Qt v4.4 with the exception of QtConcurrent.
>  >
>  > Do you anticipate on supporting this in the near term future?
>
>  Given the GIL it doesn't make much sense - unless somebody has got some bright
>  ideas...

The thing I was interested in was using the QThreadPool and QRunnable
classes. For my  project, I want to throw some expensive database
queries into multiple threads. Since that will block IO bound, the GIL
should be released before the call, which would allow for the threads
to run at the same time.