[PyQt] Building with Visual Studio 2008

Kevin Copps kevin at rationalthought.org
Sat May 17 23:54:39 BST 2008

> A manifest is also generated for the sip module but it isn't installed.
> Is it
> needed?

Now that you mention it, probably. I am still learning how manifests and
side-by-side assemblies work. This page seems like a good place to start:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235342.aspx From what I read it is
preferred to embed the manifest inside the binary.

The python developers had a similar issue related to Python's own DLLs (pyd)
files, see http://bugs.python.org/issue2256 I am not exactly sure how this
issue was resolved. I do not see any manifest files in the Python install
directories. I suppose it would make sense for SIP and PyQt to handle the
manifests in the same way that Python itself does it.