[PyQt] PyQt app not displaying icons from ui file

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Wed May 21 19:56:40 BST 2008

Hi,

I've got a rather weird issue with a (more or less proof of concept for
me) application. The program used to work fine but I did not start it
for more about six months.

Now (maybe not directly connected) after updating to PyQt 4.4 I can't
see any icons in this app on Linux while on Windows everything is still
perfect as before. The icons are loaded from a Qt Designer generated ui
file. Other things from this ui file (like tool and status tip) also
display fine.

What can I do to troubleshoot the issue? I already reverted back to a
previous version that loads the icons from a qrc file (the same as the
one that's used for the ui version) and this also works fine.

I don't get any errors.

Thorsten