[PyQt] Re: PyQt 4.4.2 GPL installer / missing DLL

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sat May 24 13:49:33 BST 2008

* Python(x,y) (Sat, 24 May 2008 09:33:00 +0200)
> Phil Thompson a écrit :
> > On Friday 23 May 2008 6:47:11 pm Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> >> About this missing DLL issue, the main difference between the 4.3.3 and
> >> 4.4.x Windows installer releases seems to be about the .dll management.
> >> Apparently, since 4.4.1 release, for example, there is not only a
> >> QtCore.pyd file but also a QtCore4.dll and so on. Hence the new "add to
> >> path" installer feature, for Windows to find the QtCore4.dll. The problem
> >> is that MATLAB for example is also using a QtCore4.dll (which is built with
> >> MSVS2005, hence the missing MSVCP80.dll error), and Windows find the MATLAB
> >> directory first when searching the PATH environment variable... so, PyQt is
> >> currently not compatible with MATLAB for example, which is quite a serious
> >> problem for me and a lot of scientific users I know. Unless you have a
> >> solution to this PATH conflicting issue?
> >>
> > Just add a .bat file around one of them with a specific PATH set up.
> >
> in order to run MATLAB with a specific PATH set up?
> If that's what you meant, I really can't do that for two reasons.

I had this problem, too (just not with Matlab). I copied the DLLs to the
site-packages/PyQt4 folder. Not a clean solution but it works. Another
possibility would be to /move/ the exes and DLLs to the pyd folder. But
then Qt Assistant might not find the help files.

Thorsten