[PyQt] Re: PyQt Digest, Vol 46, Issue 51

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Sun May 25 13:24:23 BST 2008

> If I were you I'd ignore the PyQt installer (in the same way I ignore the Qt
> installer) and install PyQt from your own installer in a way that suits your
> users.
I could do that... but the main idea of my way of redistributing Python
packages was to avoid reinventing the wheel: that's why I chose to run
ready-to-install packages silently (distutils .Exe, MSI installers, NSIS
installers and so on).
Re-packaging installers takes more time, and limits the update rate.
So I think I will simply stay with 4.3.3 release...

Pierre