[PyQt] New ported examples: padnavigator, embeddeddialogs

Igor Prischepoff igor at tyumbit.ru
Tue May 27 09:52:34 BST 2008

Hello, I have ported to python couple of cool new demos from Qt 4.4.0

Not everything is working nice so I attach full archives for community to
help and include if needed
in pyqt distro.
(in hope it's not breaking rules of conference)

Known issues:
-  padnavigator is crashed on exit (maybe garbage collection is not good).
 Don't know why it is but I've managed to locate crash lines. See comment
"problem" in code.

- embeddeddialogs
  - don't handle QFormLayout with uic correctly (I have changed layout to
grid layout in ui file)
    I think it's bug in uic.Original  embeddeddialog.ui from Qt 4.4.0
distribution raises exception
   See 'problem' comment
  - translation of line (see comment problem #2 in code)
    QGraphicsItem *item = qVariantValue<QGraphicsItem *>(value);
   to python equivalent failed.
  I tried with
   item = value
 and
   item = sip.cast(value,QtGui.QGraphicsItem)
 May be something should be done with sip ?

Any help is appreciated. If code will be fixed then I think it can be
included in pyqt?

My info : winxp, latest sip (4.7.6) , pyqt 4.4.2, python 2.5

---
igor at tyumbit.ru