[PyQt] Re: PyQt Digest, Vol 46, Issue 56

Vishwanath Kamath vishwanath.kamath at robosoftin.com
Tue May 27 13:04:40 BST 2008

> > On Tuesday 27 May 2008 10:40:57 am Vishwanath Kamath Pethri wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >

> > > I have recently downloaded the "PyQt-Py2.5-gpl-4.4.2-1.exe" PyQT
> > installer
> > > from the site. I am now facing issues as mentioned below:
> > >

> > > 1.	Launch QtDesigner
> > > 2.	Design a UI. Save it to a local disk.
> > > 3.	Click on the "View Code" menu option.
> > >

> > > Error message, "Code Generation Failed" is displayed.
> > >

> > > Details of Error Message:
> > >

> > > Title: Code Generation Failed
> > >
> > > Message: "Unable to launch D:/PyQT/PyQt4/bin\uic"
> > >

> > > In the above mentioned message, last part "uic" is mentioned with a
> > forward
> > > slash. Is it as expected?
> >
> > Yes. uic isn't included as its not needed for Python development.
> >
> > Phil
>
> >Is there any other way to generate Python code from PyQT? Because when
> >working with the QT v4.4.0 evaluation, QT generated C++ code for the
> same
> UI.
>
> >I want to generate Python Code for the same UI.... Is it possible with
> the
> >PyQT Designer?
>
> >Please let me know if any work around is possible for this case.
>
> >Neo
>
> If I understand correctly, you need the
> c:\python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\pyuic.py and pass parameters the
> .ui
> files that you want to be generated as Python code. In fact, there is a
> batch file at c:\python25\pyqt4\bin\pyuic4.bay that makes this job easy.
>

> Anthony

I tried with the same bat file, now I'm receiving error message as mentioned
below:

Title: python.exe - Entry Point Not Found
Message: The procedure entry point _Z10forcepointR11QTextStream could not be
located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll.

is it an issue with my python executable? Any workarounds.....

Neo

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.