[PyQt] Next PyQt, SIP, QScintilla Releases

Gerard Vermeulen gav451 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 06:28:44 GMT 2008

On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:29:59 +0000
Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> There will be new releases of PyQt, SIP and QScintilla in the next
> few days based on current snapshots.
>
> Let me know if there is anything you are expecting that doesn't seem
> to be there.
>
> Phil

The QImage constructor steals a reference to the uchar *data argument
instead of increasing the reference count of the input string (tested)
or buffer object (untested, but looked into siplib.c).
It is the (not very well documented) responsibility of the Python
programmer to keep a reference to that argument for the lifetime
of the QImage instance to prevent the use of invalid image data.

Bug or quirk?

Regards -- Gerard