[PyQt] Bug QWebView: vanishing cursor in forms containing input text and select fields.

sascha.teichmann at intevation.de sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Mon Nov 10 11:07:13 GMT 2008

Hello together,

When using QWebView to display an HTML page
with a form containing <input type="text">/<textarea>
in combination with <select> fields the cursor caret
in the text fields vanishes under following use case:

1 - Enter some text in a text field
2 - Click on the select and choose an option
3 - Click back into a text field

Result: No cursor caret. You can still enter text but
there is no feedback where you are. This is quite
annoying and and a real showstopper when you want
to use QWebView to fill out forms.

Tested Systems:

- Debian GNU/Linux testing/Lenny PyQt 4.4.2-4   (Python 2.5)
- Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1.3    PyQt 4.4.3     (Python 2.5)
- MS Windows XP/SP3              PyQt 4.4.3     (Python 2.5) *
- MS Windows XP/SP3              PyQt 4.4.4-dev (Python 2.6) *

* with binaries from www.riverbankcomputing.com

I'v attached a small programm to reproduce the bug. It
uses setHtml() method but you can also reproduce it with
setUrl().

Is this a known problem? I've searched the mail-archive but
I could not find any matching reference.

Is there a quick workaround/fix for this problem?

kind regards,
   Sascha L. Teichmann

--
teichmann at intevation.de - http://intevation.de
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998