[PyQt] QAbstractItemModel beginInsertRows

Baba-k babakage at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:57:29 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Since upgrading qt/pyqt from 4.2.2/4.2 to 4.4.0/4.4.2 I've noticed some
unusual behavior when adding rows to a custom QAbstractItemModel +
QTreeView, and was just wondering if anyone else has encountered anything
similar ?

Inserting a row is triggered through a context menu, but for some reason it
only updates the view if I execute the menu while in the first column. In
any other column it doesn't update. I'm quite confused as this worked fine
in pyqt4.2. I've attached the files needed and have simply modified the
simpletreemodel from the pyqt examples to illustrate the problem.

thanks alot
babak

http://www.nabble.com/file/p20481677/simpletreemodel_rows.py
simpletreemodel_rows.py