[PyQt] i kindly request for better support of PyQt4 on linux distributions...

Anonymous junk_and_mail at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 13:19:51 GMT 2008

That's interesting, as i found it easier to set up Qt4 Phonon support on Ubuntu than i did on Gentoo. On Gentoo, media-sound/phonon would always collide with qt4-phonon. Everytime i had to update my system, Gentoo would always inform me of this collision, forcing me to uninstall qt4-phonon, install media-sound/phonon (as it was a requirement for KDE4), update my system, then would i be able to remove media-sound/phonon and reinstall qt4-phonon.

But why are you saying this to the PyQt mailing list when this is dependent on the Linux distributers' side?