[PyQt] beginning help (QTreeWidget custom cell painting)

burton pyqt_burton at artificiel.org
Wed Nov 19 15:14:12 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am learning PyQt (with the help of Summerfield's book) for a
specific project. It's central aspect is a QTreeWidget which I
dynamically populate through a TCP connection to a «legacy» server.
Everything is working well. The QTree is populated on connection, and
it's elements are updated as they change on the server side.

I am now at the stage where i want one of the columns (containing
systematically a floating point value comprised between 0.0 and 1.0)
to be represented as a plain horizontal bargraph, filling up the cell,
which could be dragged/clicked to update the value of the given cell.

The ships-delegate.py gives a direction, but i want my widget to be
painted constantly in the QTree, not upon double-clicking;
waterquality.py gives an example of a custom Paint event, but not as
an interactive widget... If there is a squeleton example a an
implementation that would «combine» to my needs it would be greatly
appreciated, as I'm currently not sure how to approach the problem in
the correct PyQt way.

Thanks a lot!
Alexandre.