[PyQt] Re: Internationalization and PyQt

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sun Oct 5 17:19:41 BST 2008

* Giovanni Bajo (Sun, 05 Oct 2008 12:46:15 +0200)
> On sab, 2008-10-04 at 20:31 +0200, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > So why does my code (that does not query the locale and choose the
> > right tranlation file according to the locale) work?
>
> Why it should not? QTranslator.load() takes care of embedding the
> locale name into the filename by itself (see the documentation).

Okay, I read the documentation to QTranslator.load(). It does actually
nothing of what you claim. To the contrary: it /strips/ the locale name
from the file name (if it can't find it). It appends the /suffix/ (.qm)
which again has nothing to do with what I asked.

Thorsten