[PyQt] python bindings to qwebkit - who's responsible for doing this work (anyone?)

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Oct 15 08:40:58 BST 2008

Quoting Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>:

> last month or so i added glib bindings to webkit, in order to make
> them available via pygtk's codegen.py as python bindings, for
> pywebkitgtk.  to make that as clear as mud: around webkit's c++ DOM
> bindings i added glib bindings so that i could add python bindings.
> wait - don't laugh - it does actually make sense - there _is_ a good
> reason for doing it that way :)

Hi,

This sounds very interesting. I'm looking at this from a user
perspective. Will this allow me to access all and any object in a HTML
page loaded by Webkit? So will I be able to fully examine and modify
the HTML as if I was using JavaScript? I'm especially interested if I
would be able to get access to the current cursor position in edit
mode - that would allow me to use WebKit as the basis to write a very
powerful WYSIWYG text editor.

Regards,

http://www.pdark.de/