[PyQt] PyQt installation issue

lennart80 at hotmail.com lennart80 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 09:40:48 BST 2008

I had troubles compiling PyQt on Windows. It seems like qtdirs.exe called from configure.py produces the wrong path to Qt, or did I do something wrong? This is part of the output from the configure step:

----------------

Qt v4.4.3 free edition is being used.
SIP 4.7.7 is being used.
The Qt header files are in C:\Qt\4.4.1\include.
The shared Qt libraries are in C:\Qt\4.4.1\lib.
The Qt binaries are in C:\Qt\4.4.1\bin.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in C:\Qt\4.4.1.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore.
The PyQt Python package will be installed in c:\Python24\Lib\site-packages.
The Designer plugin will be installed in C:\Qt\4.4.1\plugins\designer.

Qt 4.4.1 is not installed on the computer I use. When I hardcoded the path to 4.4.3 in configure.py, it compiles and works.

I roughly followed the build instructions at http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/BuildPyQt4Windows.

/Lennart