[PyQt] More problems with latest PyQt4 snapshot

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Oct 18 16:44:10 BST 2008

On Samstag, 18. Oktober 2008, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am observing more strange things with latest PyQt4 snapshot.
>
> 1. Starting eric4 there is a splash screen showing some messages in white.
> However, with latest PyQt4 snapshot, the messages are shown in black.
>
> The code showing the messages is:
> QSplashScreen.showMessage(self, msg, self.labelAlignment, QColor(Qt.white))
>
> 2. Same is true for some LED like widgets of the eric4 main interface. The
> are supposed to show different colors but with latest snapshot, they are
> shown in black. The LED widget colors are read from a QSettings object.
>
> 3. On Windows the QsciScintilla margins (except fold margin) are drawn in
> black resulting in black linenumbers on black background.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot provide a short example because I have no clue,
> where the problem is.

There are some more. E.g I have a dialog showing a tree view. Each item has
some non visible data attached to it. However, the data cannot be retrieved
correctly. This problem could be reproduced by simply upgrading to latest sip
snapshot.

Somehow I get the impression, that all the problems seem to be related to
QVariant related changes.

The working version of PyQt4 (and sip) on my computer are the 20080903
snapshots.

Regards,
Detlev
--