[PyQt] Re: Problem with latest PyQt4 snapshot

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Oct 20 12:37:50 BST 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:23:53 +0200, Detlev Offenbach
<detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> running eric4 or eric4-configure with latest PyQt4 snapshot results in
the
> following error message.
>
> QVariant::load(QDataStream &s): type  unknown to QVariant.
>
> Any hint on what is going on is appreciated.
>
> Versions:
> Qt 4.4.3
> PyQt4, QScintilla2 and sip all latest snapshots.

What's in the data that is being loaded?

One change is that Python classes are no longer registered as individual
meta-types to Qt. Instead they are all wrapped in a PyQt_PyObject that is
the only thing that is registered. But I'm confused as to how a Python
class would have been successfully serialised in the first place - if
that's what the problem is.