[PyQt] PyQt Development Roadmap Published

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Oct 20 20:13:30 BST 2008

On Montag, 20. Oktober 2008, Phil Thompson wrote:
> I've published a development roadmap for PyQt at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/roadmap.
>
> It describes my current thinking - but everything is still up for grabs.
> It's not intended to capture every planned change - but I do want to
> identify every incompatible change.
>
> Comments and suggestions welcome.

Will the new pyqtSignal have a requirement on the Python version (i.e. 2.6)
because the given example will not work on Python 2.5.x. Same applies to your
pyqtSlot example.

Removal of Non-Pythonic Classes:
Do we have to change the whole application to use the new API (version 2) or
can this be done on a module by module basis as well? The later would ease
porting of existing applications.

Suggestion:
You should include a direct link to the roadmap on each page e.g. in
the "Documentation" box.

Regards,
Detlev
--